Born & Bred
I’m Greg. I run Hedley House with my wife Lou and our manager of almost twenty years, Mandy. We’ve lived in York all our lives so we know almost everything there is to know about the city – where to go, what to see, the not-to-be-missed. We took over the running of Hedley House from my parents twenty years ago. Since then we’ve worked hard to create a hotel that guests keep returning to year after year. So why do they?
- We’re a small hotel with big personality
- Our facilities rival those of far bigger hotels
- Super friendly local staff who help you make the most of your time in York & welcome you with a cup of tea
- Properly comfy beds. Including Deluxe rooms with Apple TV. Nespresso machine. Free wifi. Put your feet up and relax.
- Delicious, locally sourced food including a reet good full English breakfast
- Super convenient yet quiet location – just 6 to 8 minutes walk to the Minster!
You want a hotel stay that is effortless, makes you feel relaxed and taken care of. That’s what you’ll find at Hedley House - the hotel that feels like home.
Book a room. We’ll put the kettle on.