You’ll find Hedley House in a quiet, leafy residential area but just a short walk into the centre of town and everything you want to see in York. Whether you’re here to explore the legendary tourist sights, on business, checking out schools or universities, want some retail therapy, attending a wedding or fancy a flutter on the horses, we are perfectly situated. York is a walking city, with most of the centre of the city closed to vehicles. So be prepared to explore on foot – but that’s how you discover the hidden gems dotted around the city.
Directions to find us
From the South
A1 - A64 - A1237 York North - A19 (city centre). As you approach the city centre you go underneath a concrete footbridge turn right on to "Queen Anne's Rd" Then turn left after the St Raphael Guest House up the alleyway.Come in via the back door, come up the 4 stairs, through the door and reception is situated on the left.
From the North
A1 – A59 - A1237 York North - A19 (city centre) same as above
A1- A64 - A1237 York North - A19 (city centre). As you approach the city centre you go underneath a concrete footbridge turn right on to "Queen Anne's Rd" Then turn left after the St Raphael Guest House up the alleyway.Come in via the back door, come up the 4 stairs, through the door and reception is situated on the left.
Walking from the station (Approximately 8 minutes).
Follow signs to the short stay car park on the left hand side of the station. At the far end of the car park go down the new ramped exit. Turn left to the river go over the bridge and turn left as soon as you can. Walk along the large car park to the end. Turn left under the archway then right up the road . This is now Bootham Terrace. We are at number 3.
Taxi rank is outside the station and fare to Hedley House is approximately £5.50
Good luck. See you soon.
- To York Station – 8 to 10 minutes walk
- To the River Ouse – walking, running and cycling track including the Way of the Roses – 2 minutes
- To the Minster – 8 minutes walk
- To the registry office for weddings – 4 minutes walk
- To Museum Gardens & the Hospitium (a regular wedding reception venue) – 5 minutes walk
- To the centre of town – 8 to 10 minutes walk
- To the City Walls – 7 minutes walk
- To the Art Gallery – 6 minutes walk
- To the Yorkshire Museum & St Mary’s Abbey – 5 minutes walk
- To the River Boat cruises – 6 minutes walk
- To Betty’s team rooms – 10 minutes walk
- To the Shambles and Markets – 10 – 12 minutes
- To the Castle Museum & Clifford’s tower – 15 to 18 minutes walk (but you’ll have plenty of diversions in town!)
- To the Jorvik Viking Centre – 12 to 15 minutes
- To York Racecourse – 10 to 15 minute drive depending on traffic
- To Aviva offices – 10 to 12 minute walk
- To Hiscox offices – 15 – 20 minute walk
- To Nestle offices – 5 to 10 minute drive
- To York St John University – 10 minute walk
- To York University – 10 to 15 minute drive
- To Macarthur Glen Designer Outlet Mall – 20 to 25 minute drive
- To Castle Howard – 30 to 45 minutes drive